- October, 11th & 12th, 2014
- October, 18th & 19th, 2014 - Sat: 9:00a.m. - 6:00pm, Sun: 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
- October 11th is the Antique Car Show @ Ellijay Civic Center (next to the fairgrounds)
- October 18th is the Apple Festival Parade @ Downtown Ellijay @ 10a.m.
Fairgrounds in Ellijay, Georgia
- Adults - $5.00 (one day admission)*
- Children 10 and under Free*
Parking is done by Local Boy Scouts and is free, however a suggested donation of $2.00 is appreciated.
This year (2014) it appears that parking was changed at the last minute. The current fee to park at the fairgrounds is $5.00. Parking at the Gilmer County Civic Center is $3.00 (it is north of and beside the fairgrounds on Hwy 5). Note:
The fairgrounds received a lot of rain October 9th-13th and it was very muddy, especially the parking area. I would suggest wearing boots or other shoes that will keep your feet dry and that you don't mind getting muddy, while enjoying the Georgia Apple Festival
Free shuttles begin 30 mins before gates open and run 30 mins after gates close. Shuttles pickup from Gilmer Middle School, Gilmer High School, Ellijay Primary and Elementary Schools, and Mountainview Elementary School. The shuttles are convient and a good option as parking at the fairgrounds is limited. One should arrive early for a parking spot at the fairgrounds.
View Larger Map